The Strangest Places To Lose Your Keys
Keys are very important and losing them can spell trouble especially if you do not have a spare. Getting a replacement is the preferred option but it is good to find the keys first. It is annoying when you lose your keys because you are not sure whether you are going to find them again. So where are the strangest places to lose your keys?
Here are some strange places to lose your keys
1. Private Toilet
This happens more often than you may think. You have your keys in your shirt pocket, you lean to flush the toilet, and your keys are gone. Chance of recovery is 50%.
2. Public toilet
This is one place you would not wish to lose your keys. If they fall and you decide to go after them, you will probably catch a horrible disease. Once you flush, they are gone and a chance of recovery is 0%.
3. Roof of your car
We have all done it. Placing keys on the roof of the car is very common. However, it is a strange because no one can remember where the keys are. It is a safe place but you may take a long time before you can find them.
It is very possible to leave your keys on the table at your favorite restaurant. However, it is a safe place because I doubt someone would actually take them. But you will have to hire a professional to open your door if the restaurant is faraway.
5. Your Ex-girlfriend/boyfriend’s House
You had an argument that lasted until 2 am. Then you decide to part way, and storm out of the house. You will not be seeing him/her again. Only to realize your keys are inside the house.
Losing the keys can happen to anyone, at any time. However, if you find yourself in the fix, there are numerous steps which may be taken to solve the problem. Having a backup plan for a lost key is always a sensible precaution.
Here are some steps which can be taken.
1. Spare set of keys – Plan for a spare key to be made by a locksmith and always leave it in a safe place, which you can easily reclaim when the need arises. It is always good to leave the spare key with a family member or a trusted friend. Taking this measure means you can easily get access to the replacement keys when required.
2. Having Magnetic key case – If it is not a good idea to have someone else keep a spare key on your behalf, it may be good to invest in a magnetic key case. Magnetic key cases come in a wide-range of styles and sizes. The case gives a perfect chance to conceal your spare key beneath your car, and will attach itself to a metal component. If possible, you need to position the case in a location that is hard for people to see, but a location that is easy for you to remember and retrieve when needed.
3. Insurance – it is also a good idea to consider insurance. There are several insurance companies that offer various services for emergencies. The services may relate to specific services offered for lock outs or jump starting a flat battery. If appropriate, the service should be available any time day or night, and will not cost you extra cost as it is already a standard feature of insurance protection.
4. Locksmith services – if you are in a lock-out situation and you do not have a spare key, you may need to seek the services of emergency locksmith. Numerous emergency locksmiths offer their services any time day and night. However, they should be qualified to work on all makes and models. They should also be able to work on home locks and all models of cars. This may be the expensive option, but is has numerous benefits. For example, a locksmith company can dispatch somebody to your home within 2hours. You can always rely on a locksmith to be realistic. In most cases, the locksmith will use variety of tools that cannot damage your lock. So if the above options have failed, you can call an emergency locksmith to provide you with replacement keys within a very short period of time.