Security has always been an issue for people entering a building or any kind of establishment. Even though buildings are generally safe, there are times that your safety as well as the property’s safety can be put into danger. Fortunately, exit devices are now made available to protect you when entering unsecured public buildings.
An exit device (crash/panic bars) is basically a hardware intended for door use, mainly to lock the door from the outside. Fundamentally, people inside the building can alternately exit without having to unlock the door.
The mechanism behind exit device is that you can free yourself from the building without having to use your hands. This device could be activated by applying strong body force, thus the term crash bar. Exit devices are beneficial for business and commercial building to ensure the safety and security of the employees while inside the building premises.
Rim Style Exit Devices
- Rim style is one of the three styles available for exit devices. Panic bars that come in rim style are those that are secured on the inside exterior of the door.
- When using a rim device, a single latch point can be observed. Using this kind of latch point, all the components are applied on a surface, thus making the application as well as the installation easier and more convenient.
Choosing Rim Style Exit Devices
- Among the different styles available for exit devices, rim style is the most ideal for small businesses that are mostly crowded by people such as convenient stores, malls and strip malls.
- Rim style devices are budget-friendly. Moreover, this style complies with general building codes, particularly the ANSI specifications.
- When choosing this device, choose a product that is designed to withstand high impact abuse. Ensuring heavy commercial application guarantees that the device is durable enough for commercial or public buildings. Furthermore, choose exit devices that are designed to comply with the latest installation regulations of protective devices for commercial and public establishments.